Feature idea: package an installer image as a grub entry before F8.

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Jun 6 16:53:58 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 16:56:45 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Or we could just use APT-RPM and stop worrying about Python.
>
> Right, because glibc and c libraries never change right?

Well, to be fair (and playing devils advocate here), for something
like this it seems like the main problem is potential yum/python
changes, and the large infrastructure that would be needed to support
that.  apt could be included and built statically for just this
limited purpose.

Wouldn't that help?

                            -Chris
--