Tool for generating pungi comps.xml from anaconda kickstart files

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 20:35:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 16:29:42 Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'd a tool that will take an anaconda kickstart file as input (along
> with the standard released comps-f7.xml) and generate a new comps.xml
> file with only the groups and packages specified in the kickstart file
> present in the output comps.xml.
>
> I've started working on this but my python sucks (and it makes sense for
> this to be in python since all the other distro tools are).  Is anyone
> interested in helping with this?  I think the main thing I need is some
> example code that uses libxml2 (or something) to read in the comps.xml,
> make changes, and then write out a new one.

So what use is this?  Are you just trying to change the group names and such?
Change which are mandatory/default/optional?  The comps file you use can list
WAY more packages than what you include in a spin.  yum et al are smart
enough to not offer you things that are in comps that aren't in the repodata.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora