new libwnck make emerald fail to start

Ken YANG spng.yang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:05:33 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 13:51 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> For the record, updated beryl bits just hit updates-testing for F7, and
>>> are all checked into cvs for F8, but were failing to build yesterday due
>>> to libwnck issues. With luck, this latest libwnck update will fix that
>>> and they'll actually build...
>>>
>> It is not unlikely that beryl needs that same patch that I added to
>> compiz to make it build against the new libwnck.
>
> Ah, quite likely. I don't have the failed build log handy, but when I
> get around to looking at it again, I'll give the compiz patch a look too.

when i "yum update" today, i got following errors:

Error: Missing Dependency: emerald-themes >= 0.2.1 is needed by package
beryl-gnome
Error: Missing Dependency: libwnck-1.so.21 is needed by package
gnome-python2-libwnck
Error: Missing Dependency: libwnck-1.so.21 is needed by package
gnome-applets
Error: Missing Dependency: heliodor >= 0.2.1 is needed by package
beryl-gnome
Error: Missing Dependency: emerald >= 0.2.1 is needed by package beryl-gnome
Error: Missing Dependency: libwnck-1.so.21 is needed by package
gnome-power-manager
Error: Missing Dependency: libwnck-1.so.21 is needed by package compiz

and additionally, i have another questions:

after i update, i find some errors, and i want to restore to last
version, especially in rawhide.
for example, the newest foo-1.0.1 is not stable, i want to restore to
the last version foo-1.0.0, where i can get this version of foo?