fedora for ARM

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jun 7 11:12:43 UTC 2007

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

Hi Lennert -

> When you start doing board-specific customisations, being able to
> cross-compile some designated subset of Fedora packages makes a ton
> of sense to me, and as I said, that's definitely something where
> we'd like to go, but not yet in this stage, and it's possible that
> this will never be non-intrusive enough and make enough sense for
> general use to be merged back into Fedora -- but we'll see.

Don't forget Fedora itself can gain advantages from just being able to
cross-compile between the arches it already supports, including now ARM,
spreading the benefit around more than just for the ARM/embedded case.
This koji thing seems to be a cenralized build farm workaround for not
being able to cross compile already for example...

-Andy