Reply-To header munging for fedora-devel-list@

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 8 10:02:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 07:26:28PM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could we change the list configuration not to munge
> the Reply-To header, so that when we "Reply All", we
> actually don't loose the Cc list?

Why do you lose the Cc list with reply *all*? At least my mutt
doesn't, so perhaps its a MUA issue?

> The way it's configured now makes it very difficult to
> notice own's replies in threads.

Why? the From: field doesn't change, you're still the author of your
reply.

> Most high-traffic lists I subscribe are configured this
> way: linux-kernel, xorg-devel, gcc, gcc-patches, xcb,
> mesa, dri, uclinux-dev...

But some of these lists you mention are not subscriber only. If you
allow non-members to post (even if moderated) then you can't use
Reply-To.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net