RFR: GIT Package VCS

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 12:14:55 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 07:42:04 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> ??? -> archive + patches -> exploded tree (exploded tree as a way to
> export data) can probably be done easily
>
> ???? -> exploded tree -> archive + patches OTOH hand is a dangerous
> can of worms

I'm not following.  In my scenario the exploaded tree is used only for patch
management and for interacting with upstream when possible/acceptable.  What
goes into the buildsystem would continue to be prestine upstream tarball
unmodified + spec + patches from patch management to make an srpm.  Patches
still get applied in the rpmbuild task.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora