Thunderbird and missing News Feeds Account option

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Fri Jun 8 16:50:51 UTC 2007

The Thunderbird I downloaded with F7 seems to have three choices in the
Accout setup wizard: Email account, Gmail account and News Groups.  The
Gmail account option seems to replace the "News and Blog Feeds"  choice
that existed with Thunderbird 1.5.  Nowhere can I find any indication
that RSS support has been dropped with Thunderbird 2.0.  Is this a
Fedora "feature" perchance?

FWIW, I'm using a KDE system installed from the KDE Live DVD on an
x86_64 system (HP Laptop).

Thanks,

-pmr