f7 images for mass production

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 17:45:11 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 13:54:18 Hans de Goede wrote:
> And if we spend the time to create new iso's for that, I think it would be
> a good idea to make those available to our end-users. Call it a .0.1
> release, call it a brown paper bag release (not meant in any disrespect to
> DaveJ, but the kernel is kinda a brown paper bag kernel). Eitherway if we
> invest time and QA to make new iso's for this, we should make them
> available, as the time has already been invested then.
>
> I vote for doing a new spin with:
> -a new kernel included (we might have to wait a bit for this new kernel to
>   become available and proven)
> -perhaps an updates.img included
> -perhaps one or two updates for very very critical no interaction needed
>   network abusable security issues.

And if we go down this path, will we have a Fedora 7.3?  I remember 7.3, it
was pretty nice.  I had a box running 7.3 for quite a while....

To be blunt, this isn't Red Hat Linux.  This is Fedora.  We're forward moving.
7 is out.  Fix what you can with updates, correct mistakes with F8.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora