f7 images for mass production

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 17:58:30 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 13:35:32 Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I know it's from my vantage point as a docs-monkey, but I consider the
> non-localizing release-notes bug (#241975) pretty awful.  So I'm in
> favor of the updates.img fix at least, which should minimize drag on QA.
> Our volunteer translators jump through hoops very quickly to get these
> done timely for a release and having the work be used is a big plus. ;-)

Hrm, so that's going to be a bit more work if we want the release notes to
actually be localized and not just fallback to English.

The anaconda bug was that it was looking for localized files in the root of
the iso, and they just weren't there.  The update fixes anaconda to fall back
to English which is somewhat useful, at least it's not an error.  However to
actually get it localized I'll have to litter the iso with all the translated
stuff in the root of the CD.  Not a huge deal, just something that will have
to be done.  Will require a bit more testing, but *shrug*

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora