Feature idea: package an installer image as a grub entry before F8. Was [ Re: Very much packages with fc6 tag instead of fc7 in the FC7 tree ]

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 18:37:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 22:34 +0200, Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:
> I just did a package like this actually, and I did send an email to
> -devel about it asking for feedback. Got no response though.
>
> This package consist of the vmlinuz and initrd.img files from the
> isolinux dir on the install media and puts them in /grub/ + it uses
> grubby to add the grub boot entry to launch Anaconda with the askmethod
> option. I have made packages for i386 and x86_64. I've only tested the
> i386 one and it works for me.
>
> For FC-6 to F-7:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SindrePedersenBjordal/FedoraBootAnaconda

I missed this originally in this thread; what did you think about the
discussion about downloading the packages to install beforehand?  Have
you looked at what it would take for your anaconda image to use packages
from the disk?

We should take the relevant things from this and turn it into a wiki
page probably to be sure it doesn't get lost in the archive noise.