f7 images for mass production

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 9 17:39:39 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 09:14:22AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Let me propose the following, not only for this specific release:
> Since we have the tools (which we want to promote anyway) and since
> every Fedora release had starter bugs that are more severe than
> anything that creeps up during maintenance mode, let's always do an
> official respin 3-4 weeks after a golden release. The need is there as
> well (e.g. check with the fedora-unity guys, people want to have these
> respins). And I'm sure there will be a lot of community testers (more
> than during test4->GA) available if a respin is done.

Since this is not getting the needed love: Another idea would be to
have weekly respins. No QA other than ensuring the packages form a
closure (and I think this is ensured in F7+updates anyway already) and
no higher guarantees of working than telling people to use F7 and yum
update.

Would there we interest in such a project? Something like what fedora
unity was delivering only on a regular basis.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net