f7 images for mass production

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sat Jun 9 18:08:44 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 09 June 2007 11:00:41 Gerry Reno wrote:
>
> I kind of beg to differ.  What major "installer" issues did you see?  I'm well
> aware of some issues with the kernel, but what actual installer issues did
> you see?

When the installation does not succeed, it may be an installer issue or
as you point out it may be a kernel issue.  But to the user it all
appears as an installer problem.  So it is hard to know specifically
what the source of the problem may be but the end result is no
installation.  From my experience with both FC6 and F7, I had a few
problems with FC6 but at least I could get it installed.  I have yet to
be able to get a F7 install into a workable configuration - I'm
excluding QEMU, which did install but is not usable without acceleration.
And it's not that I've given up trying.  I'm still working on trying to
find a way to get the install to succeed.  That's what I'm doing right now.