The updates firehose

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Sun Jun 10 04:01:57 UTC 2007

Bernardo Innocenti <bernie <at> codewiz.org> writes:

> I don't complain when it happens with my own computer that's
> being updated daily... but it's painful when you update a
> dozen of desktops in the office to F7 and all them want to
> download 500MB worth of updates the first time they boot.

Or, Fedora could do a gold release (i.e. released on the release day) and then
have "unofficial" weekly install snapshots, done automatically and not passed
through any sort of testing, based on current RPMS, so that all you need to do
is download that current install ISO and you're off. If it works, OK, if it
doesn't, you can always go to the gold release that's been tested and then apply
updates.

--
Bojan