f7 images for mass production

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 12:24:03 UTC 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 08:09:33 Axel Thimm wrote:
> Sure, but anaconda bugs are not the majority of bugs encountered. And
> replacing a kernel has never been a problem, I never boot any PXE
> system into the standard kernel, but always the updated one.
>
> So, true for fixing the i586 -> i686 bug of FC6 you need updates.img
> or a new anaconda spin. So if you are afraid to touch these parts,
> then let these bugs in - you still capture the 99% of the rest.

Replacing the on media kernel and making sure the userland tools embedded in
the stage1/2 files work with said updated kernel is not an easy task, nor
does it always work.  Our Fedora kernel moves very fast.

My overall opinion / experience here is that one release every 6 months is
plenty of releases.  To do any more is going to start to have negative
effects on the rest.

I'd certainly like to be able to do more test releases for those every 6
months, but not in the way we've been doing them currently.  But even this is
all forward moving rather than backward looking.  In Fedora we're always
trying to move forward.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora