Fedora and Cross Compiling

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 11 10:20:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 11:23 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Notice that I have spends weeks on fixing exactly the problems, with creating a
> cross compiling gcc targeting linux with glibc, described here to build an
> cross arm toolchain for the gp2x handheld for Fedora.
>
> Please check:
> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/
>
> For all my SRPMS / SPECS for this, with regards to solving the above metioned
> problems esp arm-gp2x-linux-gcc.spec is interesting. I think I've got this one
> nailed, so before other people start pouring time into this please first check
> my work, doing this for other linux-glibc targets, using Fedora sources instead
> of the open2x sources I'm using should be mostly identical. I'll gladly answer
> any questions.

I see you've actually pulled in glibc sources and you're using them in
the gcc build. I was trying to avoid that.

I suppose if we can depend on having a sysroot populated with
appropriate glibc-*.$ARCH.rpm packages then the bootstrap approach isn't
_so_ bad, but that might be a lot to expect of yum/koji.

--
dwmw2