Bug: Fedora doesn't close DVD drive door

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 17:12:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:07:37PM +1200, Shams wrote:
> When I shutdown Fedora 7 it doesn't close the DVD drive
> door automatically and the door is left open. Same problem
> persisted with Fedora 6.

That isn't a bug a such. We don't worry about the door on shutdown. If you
think we should close the door on shutdown then file an RFE - but it would
need to be specific to poweroff, having the CD door shut on a reboot  would
probably be counted as a pain by most people

> However if I reboot then the DVD drive door does get closed
> automatically.

Annoying isn't it. You open the door so it won't boot off the CD and then it
closes it again

Your CD or BIOS probably does this during probing

Alan