To Require yelp or not to require yelp

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 12 22:45:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:09 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Just curious, why in the world people created firefox-32 in the first
> place, when there is firefox.i386 on every x86_64 system? Is there
> firefox-32 for PPC or what? How would it work?

On PowerPC we have mostly 32-bit userspace by default. Firefox defaults
to 32-bit too.

The problem is that we ship both libraries and executable 'firefox'
browser together in the same package. What we _should_ do is split them
into separate 'firefox-libs' and 'firefox' packages. So you can have
both versions of the libraries installed, but choose only the one
'firefox'. Xulrunner will let us do it like that.

--
dwmw2