To Require yelp or not to require yelp

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Jun 13 01:34:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:24:30PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > This is FUD with a few outright lies sprinkled within.
> He said people are going out of their way to make his life as firefox
> maintainer and liason with upstream harder.

Well, clearly that's not Warren's *intent*.

But can't that be said for the entire idea of multilib? :)

> seems to be *exactly* what he was saying about ignoring his technical
> input and making his life as maintainer and liason harder.

Ins seriousness: this is hard to argue with, mostly because Christopher is
right, especially when it comes to respecting his work and area of
expertise. On the other hand, Warren also has a lot of valuable expertise in
making a collection of software that many people actually want to use and
are excited about, and that needs to be respected too.

I guess what I'm saying is: can't we all just get along?