Fedora and Cross Compiling

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jun 13 22:53:53 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:

> That works, if we can get the build system issues sorted out. RPM
> doesn't currently even handle arch-specific dependencies, let alone
> "I need foo.i386 and I need it in a /usr/i386-linux-gnu chroot" :)

Well it does "work" to do rpm --root=/usr/i386-linux-gnu --ignorearch -i
foo (although last time I looked I didn't yet find a way to set dbpath
on Fedora rpm that worked).  If "handling it" in separate chroot worlds
is good enough it shows a way forward though, presumably if yum can eat
--root= it too will play along nicely in each chroot world.

-Andy