Please don't let updates sit in testing forever

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 15 20:33:04 UTC 2007

Maintainers, please don't let your F7 updates linger in updates-testing
forever. I've posted nag comments to the updates 2 weeks or more old, but I
guess a lot of the 1-2 weeks old updates could also use getting pushed to
stable.

Either the update is broken or it's not. If it's broken, it should be withdrawn
(unpushed) from updates-testing. If it works, why not mark it as stable? And I
don't think waiting for feedback for more than 2 weeks makes sense, 1 week was
pretty much the consensus in the discussions here and on fedora-maintainers. If
there are no complaints in 2 weeks, the package can't be that broken, or if it
is it most likely won't affect many people or someone would have noticed. :-)

And no, pushing to stable after a timeout is currently not automatic.

        Kevin Kofler