random comments about secondary arch proposal

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sat Jun 16 12:08:16 UTC 2007

Hi.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:38:28 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote

> You're right -- as things stand, we do need a team of folks who can
> help out with basic issues where the packager can't cope. It usually
> isn't arch-specific; very little really is when you get down to it.

Arch specific in the sense of "this does not work on PPC": yes, I can
agree with that.
Arch specific in the sense of "does work on i386 and nowhere else":
it seems to me that there is quite an amount of C code that assumes
that an int is 32 bit and the world is little endian.