kqemu inclusion in kernel

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Jun 16 14:21:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 03:13:56PM +0100, Chris Brown wrote:

 > I've started playing around with virtualization at work and the first thing
 > I'd like to query is kqemu's lack of inclusion in the Fedora kernel. It was
 > GPL'd in February and although I realise Axel is packaging kmdl/kmods it
 > would be good to know if this is being queued up for mainline.

not afaik..  I've not heard of anyone working on it since its initial
opensource'ing, which seemed to be a reactionary thing in response to
kvm's gaining popularity.

 > If not then can it be backported for Fedora kernels.

It was fairly big (but not really invasive fwir), but it's still a delta
that we'd perpetually have to carry vs upstream.  Each patch adds a
burden towards rebasing, and with no clear path for this to get
upstream, it's questionable how long we'd have to carry it, so I'm
not too enthusiastic to be honest.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk