Errors building packages for F7 and rawhide in mock

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jun 17 14:38:31 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 17 juin 2007 à 09:27 -0400, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Saturday 16 June 2007 17:38:34 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > >
> > > I disabled the local repo in the F7 mock config and things worked much
> > > better.  If this isn't a known problem between mock and koji, which of
> > > the two components should a bug be filed under?
> >
> > It's a problem with koji which static repos have not been designed to be
> > remotely accessed through yum
>
> Actually that's exactly what the static-repos were created for.  The
> static-repos are publically accessable, perhaps it was a network timeout?
> This is the same functionality as the old "local" repo that was in mock,
> which pointed at the plague needsign queue.  Can you not click on that
> repodata file url and download it?  Can your system not reach the koji
> website?

I'm afraid they're not working.
They were more or less ok when koji was released and no one was using
them (except for a few testers:)) but now koji is in cruise mode and a
koji-using mock was released they just fall over all the time. You have
to restart yum/mock a dozen times before it manages to download repodata
or packages (and I've a proxy so my system never downloads the same rpm
twice)

(for repodata the fact we have a merged repo and koji includes debuginfo
stuff is not helping — koji repodata is huge, but even direct package
download is not working 100% of the times, and as yum has been designed
to fail at the slightest problem mock/yum koji runs will just fail most
of the times)

Koji server logs probably trace all the package/repodata interupted
downloads. Each one is sufficient to kill a mock/yum run

--
Nicolas Mailhot