x86_64 kde live cd image > 800MB

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Mon Jun 18 03:09:53 UTC 2007

On 06/18/2007 04:45 AM, eah wrote:
> On Sunday 17 June 2007 20:16:51 Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 17 June 2007 20:13:47 eah wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Is there a reason why x86_64 images are bigger than x86 images?
>>> Why is the x86_64 KDE live CD > 800MB? Are there plans to fix this? Has
>>> anyone successfully burned and used this KDE live CD? I've used and
>>> installed the x86 live CD, but the 64-bit version can't fit to CD.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> eah (Eric Hartwell)
>>>
>> It's not a Live"CD".  It's Live Media.  You'll have to use a DVD or USB key
>> for it.  Due to multilib, the x86_64 Live media is bigger than the pure
>> i386 one.
>>

> pardon my confusion. it comes from k3b forcing me to use a CD-R to burn the
> iso to disk. is there a way to tell k3b (or other burning software) to allow
> write to DVD media?

Tools -> Burn DVD iso image -> <select the iso from disk under 'image to
burn'>
or as an alternate, click on the icon corresponding to "burn DVD image"
in the lower panel and select the ISO image from the browser which pops up
or, yet another alternative method, drag the icon corresponding to the
ISO file from the "Contents" panel and drop it over the icon
corresponding to "burn DVD iso" from the lower panel