Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUN-18
poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 00:58:50 UTC 2007
Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.
== Schedule ==
* 20-July is the freeze date for Test1
* Prepare for Test1 starting on 13-July
* Release Engineering will deliver the following:
1. Fedora spin which is iso(s) + exploded installable tree
1. Fedora Live images for i386/x86_64 that are installable.
1. KDE Live images that are installable
1. Everything repo of packages that we can hopefully use with other install media to "make" it installable.
* Various SIGs may be responsible for content definition for these various deliverables, as well as pre-generation and QA of them.
* Release Engineering is only responsible for final production and signing of the content.
* At least one week before Test1 freeze (13-July) rel-eng will be looking closer and attempting to fix up issues such as:
1. broken deps
1. broken upgrade paths
1. other such tree issues.
1. Compose tools
* should be somewhat stabilized (no changes to code) before this point so that pre-freeze trees can be generated and reviewed before the mad freeze rush.
== Open Discussion ==
* wwoods--QA procedure for the Live spins is not well-defined at this point; need to add more of that stuff to the test matrices, etc.
* f13--created http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/SOP
More information about the fedora-devel-list