FESCo elections

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:43:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:32 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 10:00 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >
> > Basically, you should be able to vote if you are under FESCo's
> > authority.  You should not be able to vote if you are not.
>
> Agreed.  So, we need to identify the people in QA, rel-eng, and features
> groups, that aren't currently in the cvsextras, and modify our election
> software to give them the necessary permissions to vote. Right?

Basically yes. If we just identify groups for these areas we can add
those easily enough.

I see these groups in the account system which might be relevant:
  releng
  securit_respons
  qa-admin

I don't think this is going to adequately cover everyone, though.  f13,
does releng include all the release engineers that should have voting
privileges?  wwoods, poelcat do  we need to add a tracker group to the
Account System for QA and features?  Should the security response team
fall under QA or have its own group?

-Toshio