R500 initial driver release

John T. Guthrie III guthrie at counterexample.org
Sat Jun 23 04:53:39 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 09:57 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 16:33 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > I need to test that it actually works on at least one piece of hardware
> > first.
>
> Well, it doesn't work on my T60p, for lack of PCI ID if nothing else.
>
> Test build:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/ajackson/avivo/
>
> Requires libpciaccess, which thus far is only in rawhide, but should be
> in F-7 updates in the next push.  Eats babies, etc.
>
> Once we actually have this working on at least one piece of kit out of
> the box I'll get it imported.

I was sort of able to get it to run on my X1300 Mobility.  I did need to patch
the PCI ID in before I could get anything.  (The PCI device ID is 0x7149.)
In native resolution of 1680x1050, it just blanks the screen, and you have
to reboot.  If I uncomment the following ModeLine, then it comes up looking
like a television whose horizontal is screwy:

ModeLine "1680x1050" 119.2 1680 1728 1760 1840 1050 1052 1058 1080

I consider that an improvement over a blank screen that accepts no input since
I can at least see the mouse move with this mode line.  I'm guessing there are
mode line problems.  (I foudn this mode line a while back while trying to
find a way to get my Dell E1505 to display in full native resolution.  Alas,
that could never happen using VESA. :-( )  If I try to force it into 1400x1050,
then I just get a blank screen as well.

I can provide an X server log if needed.

John Guthrie
guthrie at counterexample.org