Fedora Core Merge Reviews

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 18:32:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 14:19 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Brian Pepple wrote:
> > One of the items still left to do with regard to the recent merging of
> > Core & Extras is the reviews on packages that previously were in Core.
> > FESCo has been trying to determine what type of goal we should set for
> > completion by F8 test 2.  Most of us felt that it wasn't a reasonable
> > goal to finish them all by that time, since there are more that 700
> > still needing to be completed.
> >
> > I'm looking for suggestions from the community on what you think is a
> > reasonable number or percentage of reviews to complete by F8t2.
>
> This depends on whether Red Hat can do reviews of these packages.  Many
> of us are under the assumption that since the packages came from Red
> Hat, we ought to let the community review them.

While you shouldn't review your own package (or perhaps also for
packages that you're a substantial contributor to the packaging), I
don't think there's any problem at all with having another community
contributor who happens to have an @redhat.com address do a review of
the package.

Remember, everyone is a part of the community.

Jeremy