yum upgrade error http 404 on tsclient rpm

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Jun 25 18:42:09 UTC 2007

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> You need to enable the Fedora "Everything" repository to upgrade several
>> of your packages from Fedora 6.
>>
>> The rest of your messages are based on misinterpreting the Yum error
>> messages. For example:
>>
>> | Error: Missing Dependency: mysql = 5.0.27-1.fc6 is needed by
>> package | mysql-bench
>>
>> This can mean two things, but in your case it means that the version of
>> "mysql-bench" that is installed on your machine blocks "mysql" from
>> being
>> upgraded without breaking dependencies. The newer "mysql" is in the
>> repository, but the corresponding "mysql-bench" is not. Hence the
>> upgrade
>> fails. Enable the full repository where Yum will find the missing
>> packages like mysql-bench and net-snmp-utils.
>>
> Ok, I'll try this.
>
> Here is what is in my fedora.repo:
> [fedora]
> name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
>
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
>
> [fedora-debuginfo]
> name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
>
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
>
> [fedora-source]
> name=Fedora $releasever - Source
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
>
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
>

> So I'm assuming that you mean to uncomment the 'baseurl' which has
> Everything and comment the 'mirrorlist' for [fedora].
> And if it succeeds how should I set the repositories going forward? Do
> I leave it set to Everything or should I set it back to 'mirrorlist'
> once the initial upgrade succeeds?

The Everything repo succeeded in getting the machine updated to F7 with
the exception that neither of the new kernels will boot the machine.
They both get all kinds of ATA errors. I'm opening bugs on these issues.
But at least the FC6 -> F7 upgrade does work from a yum point of view.
So if I ever get the kernels to boot can I safely uncomment the
'mirrorlist' in fedora.repo for F7?