F7 && Firewire?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 15:58:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 17:45 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Hey all--
>
> I'm thinking about upgrading my main workstation to F7; however I I
> haven't been following things very closely for the last couple weeks.
> Are there still issues that would reasonably preclude my upgrading?
> (Not being able to burn DVD's or use my iPod counts :))

The problems we're still working out are mostly related to multi media
devices - web cams (iSight etc), DV camcorders, MPEG2 settop boxes and
firewire audio equipment.  Storage devices such as external DVD burners
and iPods should work, but there has been filed regressions for some
storage devices too.  Trying the live CD is a good suggestion, and I'd
like to hear how that works for you.

thanks,
Kristian