Package Updating Doc Available

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Jun 27 12:20:37 UTC 2007

On Mi Juni 27 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 12:58 +0200, Till Maas wrote:

> > Also, you write, that a package should be build locally for devel and F-7
> > separately. Afaik will the results only differ, when one uses a devel and
> > a F-7 machine for this.
>
> Not true.  You can use mock to build locally for F-7 and devel on the
> same machine.  Just run 'make mockbuild' from the appropriate branch.

Yes, one can use "make mockbuild", but this is not what happens with "make
$arch", what is described on the wiki page we are writing about. And when you
use mock, then you still need two machines to test the build, except you only
want to make sure, that the spec builds at all. Also one should be always
aware, that packages built with mock in the default configuration use an
repository that contains unsigned rpms, so the resulting rpms should not be
installed in an machine that contains secret data, e.g. private ssh keys.

Regards,
Till