RFE: Use generic names in packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jun 29 11:40:32 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:24:45AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> In this specific instance I believe the guidelines should be mandating
> README.distribution instead.

I personnally like the idea, but the file name should, in my opinion be
more specific such that it is obvious at first sight that it has been
added by the package maintainer. And in my opinion README.distribution
isn't precise enough. I don't have a precise idea on what it could be in
order to be kept short, but something along
README.package_specific

--
Pat