koji.fedoraproject.org Unplanned outage | 6/28/07 - 6:00PM EDT

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:16:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 09:55 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 10:53 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> >
> > good point.. local time should be the time local to the physical location of
> > the equipment in question.
>
> And what good does that do?  I think just UTC should be fine.

It can have some use for the relatively few admins who were not present
for the event but are subsequently working on the box to further develop
what happened.  Log files are generally written out in localtime.

For the rest of the population receiving the email... not so much.

Note: It might be a better idea to turn "localtime" into UTC on the
equipment instead....
-Toshio