rawhide report: 20070305 changes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:38:12 UTC 2007

On 05/03/07, buildsys at redhat.com <buildsys at redhat.com> wrote:
> Updated Packages:
> hal-0.5.9-0.git20070304.fc7
> ---------------------------
> * Sun Mar 04 2007 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> - 0.5.9-0.git20070304
> - Update to 0.5.9rc1; notable user visible changes:
> - New /sbin/umount.hal helper (#188193)
> - Slow down polling if no session is non-idle (#204969)
> - Refuse to eject busy devices (#207177)
> - Don't mount noexec unless requested
> - Use inotify to watch for new fdi files
> - Support for new Firewire stack
> - BT killswitch for Sony laptops (hadess)
> - Pass suspend quirks to pm-utils (need new pm-utils release to use it)

We also need new versions of radeontool and vbetool (and thus the
libx86 library) if pm-utils is going to work correctly.

If we build a new pm-utils and the above tools then video resume
quirks should be handled automatically for F7.

Basically this means that suspend and resume should work for many,
many more laptops out of the box.

Also, please don't clump these tools into one uber pm-utils package
like it was for FC6, as it makes packaging new versions of indervidual
tools difficult.

All the SRPMS are working and available [1], they just need someone to
fast-track these into F7.

Thanks,

Richard.

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/7/SRPMS/