VNC development plan - discuss

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 09:58:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:52:41AM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:

> I don't want leave vnc maintaning. I only want fire away duplicates
> (vino + krfb, I don't maintain any of these) and substitute it by more
> scalable x11vnc. I think vino + krfb maintainers could write comment

Duplicates in fedora are good. Why do you want to fire them away? The
only criterion for having a package in fedora (besides being free
software) is that there is a maintainer for it. In rare cases (for
example buggy unmaintained package without upstream that a packager
don't have time to fix) it may make sense to discuss about retiring
the package, but only if it is broken. Duplication isn't an issue at
all, or, rather, is a very good thing.

--
Pat