Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 23:30:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 07:05:24PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > - Updates system - No idea where that is... it is still not finished
> > from what I know. Perhaps someone else could fill this in?
>
> I know where it is, I am subscribed to the Wiki page, too, but there is
> some secret relationship between it and what is used at Red Hat.  Smells a
> bit like another fork/semi-rewrite of an existing code base, which creates
> a situation like "aha, somebody is working on transfering more and more
> existant code piece by piece, so it's just matter of time before all of it
> is published".

This "secret" relationship is essentially over, as I'm porting/rewriting
the last bits of it (the dependency closure checking) now.  It was only
secret because the old code was a nasty blob of mod_python that was
hardcoded with passwords and such.  The code has been rewritten and has
been public for quite some time now.

    https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi

luke