pup: boon or curse? quicker updates or slower updates?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Fri Mar 9 04:08:19 UTC 2007

At 9:50 PM +0100 3/8/07, nodata wrote:
>Quick question - since you started using pup, do you generally apply
>security updates:
>
>1) Quicker
>2) Slower
>3) About the same.
>
>Perhaps worryingly, I'm noticing that it's 2) Slower, for me.
>Why? Because I wait until a red security update pops up, blues get
>ignored.

I used Pup a couple of times and abandoned it.  I kept yum-updatesd and
puplet for several months, but when I noticed that yum-updatesd used 30 MB
of memory ( which I needed) all the time, I shut them down.  When I had
them running, I would update whenever puplet popped up.  Now I update about
once a day.  So, "1) Quicker".