yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:12:57 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> Could the efficiency threshold be > 50% and drpm is larger than a
> certain size?  This is because it is pointless to have drpms of tiny
> packages.  What exact threshold size however I don't know.

Woud that not cause problems? If say the original rpm is 50 MB, the
drpm say 0.1MB because only a few small files were changed, having a
minimum size may force the download of the full rpm.

If you had efficiency threashold at >50% and size of ORIGINAL rpm
larger than a certain size (say 1 meg? 10 megs? that would be up to
whoever is doing the work and not me, a lurker), it could work.