Filesystem-local databases in mlocate

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Sun Mar 18 21:17:46 UTC 2007

Tomas Janousek wrote:

> Well the original poster had something like NFS over the globe in mind, but
> mentioned wifi because 1) it's more common and 2) nobody would say I'm crazy.

Back when the web was still a new idea, wuarchive.wustl.edu used to run
a public NFS share to access its huge Amiga software collection.

Mounting that over an analog modem link and saying: "Finally, I can
get rid of the ftp client"... *that* would be crazy!

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti - Develer R&D dept.
 \X/  http://www.develer.com/