Mount fixed partitions by default for F7. Was: [BUG] Mounted partitions are not showing up and CD/DVD link not correct

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Mar 21 01:40:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 01:31 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Well, it's certainly not a rh-legal thing and as I'm
> > the package maintainer it ends up being my decision (though I guess the
> > board can overrule my decisions)... and I don't think this change is
> > justified so I'm just going to say no, sorry.
>
> Sure, no worries. I just wanted some sort of conclusion to this thread.
> This might be worth putting as a FAQ on fedoraproject or something IMO.

As a stop-gap measure we might even 1) patch gnome-vfs to show the
volumes anyway; and 2) patch gnome-mount's error dialog on catching the
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.PermissionDenied exception to point to
said FAQ.

These would be Fedora specific patches but that's fine as it just puts
more pressure on upstream (me!) to finally fix this. Technically this is
a bug-fix, not a new feature so I guess that would be good. Patches
welcome :-)

     David