Yum-presto (deltarpms) ready for testing.

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:13:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:34 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> 1. why are you using md5sum and not sha1sums?
Uh, I'm sorry, the line should have read "full (slow) on-disk checksum
check".  This particular checksum (which may be MD5 or SHA1, I'm not
sure) is created by makedeltarpm -s, and tested by applydeltarpm -s, so
it's actually completely controlled by deltarpm.
> 2. what function are you using to do this check? Yum has a checksum
> function you might be able to just use.
I've actually "borrowed" *(cough)*stolen*(cough)* a heck of a lot of yum
code, including the checksum function, which I do use to validate the
presto.xml.gz file (among other things, and I do use sha1sums for this).
If you look at prestoRepo.py, it's basically yumRepo.py with a few
changes and a lot torn out.

> -sv

Jonathan