hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-dated-1172832473.ba5e95 at symetrix.com
Wed Mar 28 04:22:40 UTC 2007

Simo Sorce wrote:
> Wise words. We need more software not less, there is still a *LOT* of
> software niches that have no sort of free software of any kind, and
> pretty big ones.

If we make Fedora usable, we attract users (not just developers, but
users).  Users put pressure on vendors.  Vendors bring more/better/open
software and developers.

Making tools that users expect to have hard to use or find, even when
they are functional and freely available, moves in exactly the opposite
direction.

> Please, I beg you try to use your head and think:
>
> a) what is the right thing to do to help users (NOW, not "in 10 years
> maybe") with *free software*

And I think you should stress the "maybe".  Remember FSF saying "just
wait the hurd is coming" lol