Presto logging

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 05:25:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 07:15 +0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> >
> > Also, our test server is syncing updates and extras every six hours.
> > Does anyone know if there's a way for the fedoraproject servers to push
> > updates rather than our polling?
> >

> Is there a good site with info on setting up a drpms mirror and other
> useful info to get one started on the deltarpm era?
>
> I'm not thinking about rsync'ing the drpm packages, but rather, i'd like
> to automatically build the drpms on this system, for use by my internal
> machines i386,x86_64.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks
>
> /Thomas

In the .tar.bz2 and the source rpm is a folder called makerepo that
contains a very ugly createprestorepo.py script.

The syntax is "/path/to/createprestorepo.py <base directory> <relative
directory to create drpms in>".  For the test server it's something like
"~/bin/createprestorepo.py ./ DRPMS/" while in
~/public_html/jdieter/updates/fc6/i386.

It will then go and find all rpms, make any applicable deltas (at the
moment, it creates any delta it can with 50%+ savings), and save them in
the destination folder, and create prestomd, etc in repodata.

If the drpms aren't worth saving it deletes them and creates a
".dontdelta" file for the drpm, so the next round it will be ignored.

You might want to wait until I push out 0.3.0 later today, as the
current version of createprestorepo.py won't try to make deltarpms for
packages over 70MB (due to memory constraints on my server).

You will need roughly 3x as much RAM as the largest package you want to
delta.

Jonathan