Fedora 7 - features and obvious usability enhancements

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Mar 28 10:25:58 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hello,
> first I would like to ask where is the proper place to suggest new
> features and obvious usability enhancements for fedora.
>
> Is there a mailing list or some group of people or someone specific I
> have to target in order for some really much needed features to be
> included in fedora releases?

Your specific question seems targeted at the desktop, so you may
consider the desktop list (but I believe you are not entirely offtopic
here, on this general development list):

> First one I see as a really great usability add on to fedora is
> Deskbar gnome plugin. It is in the repositories, but it is not
> installed by default and it is not enabled by default. I think that
> this is a great shame. All new users (and also old ones) would benefit
> a lot from just including this great widget in default desktop setup
> for Fedora 7 .

I have the deskbar applet active on my computer but:
- it is a bit of a resource hog, which is not that good for a default;
- in my opinion it is not so friendly with new users

> Ok, I won't go too much long here if this isn't proper way of getting
> attention to the right people. I don't mean that you aren't proper or
> not important but I just don't know if this mailing list is the right
> way for discussing usability and features. Please tell me if it is and
> then I'll continue if not point me in the right direction.

About usability, you may look at the Usability SIG page in the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Usability