announce: readahead-1.4

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 10:50:26 UTC 2007

 I have just pushed out a new 1.4 version of the readahead util.
 The changes are:

    * move project to hosted.fedoraproject.org
    * source code maintained by GIT
    * various cleanups
    * new build-system based on autotools
    * --sort / --dont-sort support
    * add readahead-collector (based on audit system,
      requires audit-libs[-devel])
    * improve init scripts (supports full, custom and fast mode)
    * add /etc/cron.daily/readahead.cron (with readahead --sort)

 Web page:

    https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/readahead

 The code is not tested with FC7, because libauparse (from
 audit-libs-devel) is broken in FC7 now.

 If you want to generate your customized version of readahead lists
 you need to boot with "init=/sbin/readahead-collector". Also see
 /etc/readahead.conf and /usr/share/doc/readahead-1.4/README*.

 I welcome your feedback! Send me your comments, ideas for
 enhancements or bug reports.

    Karel
--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>