Fedora safe/recovery mode

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:29:25 UTC 2007

On 02 Mar 2007 23:03:45 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> AP> Seems like it would be advantageous to have a boot target that
> AP> goes to runlevel 3 all the time.
>
> Add "3" to the kernel boot parameters, the same way you'd add "single"
> or "s" to boot to single user mode.
>
> If you feel the need to have an actual grub entry for this, it's just
> a few seconds with an editor in /etc/grub.conf.
>
>  - J<

I think he suggesting a default entry for that in a fedora
installation .. eg: a grub option with the title "Recovery Console"

but then .. if the user know how to use the "Recovery Console" ...
supposedly he/she should already know how to change the init in grub
... however, there still exist some special people with special cases
:) ..

/my 2cent

regards
Hikaru