Why Firefox's About Window is Resizable

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00003 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 08:01:02 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that DElyMyth spake thusly:
> On 2/28/07, Yan Li <elliot.li.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if OT, since I haven't tried Firefox on distros other than
>> Fedora.
>
> It's resizable on SuSE too, I guess it's related to the browser itself
> and not to the distribution...

Surely this is a feature of X11, rather than application specific.

IIRC a noresize bit must be set in the app, and not overridden by the
Window Manager. So either Mozilla have missed a bit setting or Metacity
is overriding fixed windows.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 07:58:17 up 12 days, 19:23,  2 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.02