FPC Meeting Summaries? (Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-03-01)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Mar 4 18:23:35 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple schrieb:
> [...]
> Packaging Committee Report
> * FESCo approved the Packaging Committee's guidelines regarding:
>   * InitScripts proposal:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitScripts
>   * BuildRoot proposal:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/BuildRoot

Just wondering: Why isn't the PC sending any reports/summaries to
fedora-maintainers anymore (or did I miss them all in the past weeks?)?
That was part of the arrangement between FESCo and FPC iirc; to quote
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule

"A representative from the packaging committee will send a report after
each committee meeting to fedora-maintainers at redhat.com for public
discussion. In order to give ample discussion time, this report should
be sent no less than 24 hours before the next FESCo meeting; if the
report is late, the veto period will be extended by one additional FESCo
meeting. FESCo may also extend the veto period if there is still ongoing
discussion."

That text should be adjusted if the arrangement got changed. But I think
Meeting summaries from the FPC with a short notice what got accepted
(like Brian did in his FESCo report) are quite important. Yes, I know
that it's hard work (I did FESCo reports myself for quite some time),
and no, I'm not volunteering to do it myself, as I don't follow the FPCs
meetings/discussions that closely (and that's the reasons why I'd like
to have a summary).

CU
thl