Announcing Fedora 7 Test 2 (6.91)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Mar 5 00:58:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 20:59 +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> Dnia 01-03-2007, czw o godzinie 14:31 -0500, Adam Jackson napisał(a):
> [..]
> > It's really hard to fix memory leaks you can't reproduce, and I've left
> > X and firefox running for months on end without hitting this behaviour.
>
> Moment .. You can't reproduce this bug using my test case on refreshing
> pages with big pixmaps ? Are you try this on the same loaded modules
> set ? (maybe it is core of problem ?)
>
> Anyone else observe this kind buggy effects with growing X serer
> memory ?

I have habit of opening hundreds of tabs at a time in Galeon. That's a
good way to hit this kind of problem...

Also irritating is millions of javascripts and flash adverts and
animated gifs eating up assloads of CPU in tabs that aren't even
visible.

It would be nice if non-visible tabs were completely taken off the
events list or maybe unloaded entirely. And have a proper LRU cache of
images, images not displayed recently get dumped completely, when
they're needed again, decode them from the original jpeg/gif on disk in
the browser cache.

Crackrock I say, crackrocks everywhere.