Announcing Fedora 7 Test 2 (6.91)

Davide Bolcioni dblistsub-fedora at yahoo.it
Mon Mar 5 13:51:53 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 09:36:58 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 5 mars 2007 01:58, Callum Lerwick a écrit :
> > It would be nice if non-visible tabs were completely taken off the
> > events list or maybe unloaded entirely.
>
> I'd really love if the desktop variant shipped with a small local
> squid/apache proxy enabled by default, instead of doing caching in a
> user-by-user and app-by-app basis
>
> Would do wonders for browser responsiveness & resource use

I have been a longtime user of WWWOFFLE, a proxy whose usage pattern matches
your description above (and overlaps privoxy to some extent). A Fedora RPM
can be found using Google (ATrpms, IIRC). It works well enough for everyday
use. I don't think a local proxy would cause Firefox to behave, however.

Hope this helps,
Davide Bolcioni
--
Paranoia is a survival asset.